Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19, 2011


Happy Birthday Alicia, Jesus bless your day.


Yesterday we were back in school and nothing real exciting, we continue to clean in the kitchen getting it ready for a new cook.  I went to visit Frank and Dorothy after school. Alice and Gabe were there and we had a good visit.

It is really cold but we are o.k. here at home.



VERSE:
  We are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of
those who believe and are saved.
   -- Hebrews 10:39
THOUGHT:
  I love this description of God's people that precedes "the faith
Hall of Fame" (Hebrews 11). When you look at God's people over the
centuries, they are not a bunch of wimps, crybabies, and cowards.
Yes, they do have their bad moments. But all in all, they are not
those who quit on their quest. They are those whose faith has
endured and found God's great victory of salvation. This verse
excites me because the Holy Spirit does not say "we CAN be those
who don't shrink back." Instead, he is confident in us, our
endurance and our faithfulness and says we ARE not "shrinkers," but
we ARE believers who will be saved!

PRAYER:
  Thank you, Mighty God, for your confidence in me. With your
help, I won't be a "shrinker." I will stand for your truth, your
character, and your will even if those around me do not. I believe
you have great things ahead for your people, so I refuse to shrink
back. Please empower me with your Spirit so that I fully serve you
with confidence and integrity. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment