Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, I suspect that we were all at home due to the weather.  Yesterday I was here all day, Dad did get the mail before noon and checked to see if our road west was open so Linda could get home that way.   The other road was closed for her.  Later in the day the snow plow went through here.

I came to the computer in the morning and the first thing you know I was in here cleaning up computer files,  I did that all day and into the evening.  I have a bit left in a file and then to clean the lap top computer than we are done.

VERSE:
  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old
has gone, the new has come!
   -- 2 Corinthians 5:17


THOUGHT:
  It's better than starting over! As Christians, we get a fresh
and new start. God not only forgave us, pardoned us, ransomed us,
and saved us; he also made us a new creation! And every time we
come to him, every day we rededicate ourselves to serve him, and
every new year we offer to him, we get a new start and a whole new
world. So as we begin this new year, let's begin by offering
ourselves to him, asking him to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
and take leadership of our lives.

PRAYER:
  Almighty and holy God, I want to glorify you and bring you
praise in the choices that I make, the people that I influence, the
words that I speak, and the actions that I take in this coming
year. I know that I am not guaranteed a single new day, but I want
each one that I live to be a day I have lived for your glory and
honor and praise. In the name of Jesus my Lord I pray. Amen.


Romans 14:7-9  All that I am all that I could ever be has to do with what you want from me.  Father help me to be sensitive to hear your voice and to listen.

John 8:15b I stand with the Father who sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment