Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011

We were home msot of yesterday.  We went to reception for Rick and Sue Daho, she had done the work of preparation with her friend Vickie Erickstad, it was beautiful and a fun time.  Quite a few from Devils Lake and also from Hampden.


Heartfelt, Honest Prayers

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

--John 4:24

The most powerful prayer I ever offered was the shortest. After three depressing
 years of suicidal despair over my paralysis, I prayed, "God if I can't die, show
me how to live, please!"

Things didn't change overnight, but with that simple prayer my outlook began to
change. I realized that I had to take responsibility and face reality head on. With
God's help, I would have to learn how to do the impossible-handle life in a wheelchair.

And did God help! It's been said that faith may move mountains, but prayer moves
 God. I'm convinced the Lord was touched deeply by my short, simple prayer. Why?
 Because I pushed myself out of the way in order to rely on His Spirit; and I told
Him the honest truth about my desperate desire to live.

You might not have the strength to say much more to God than a simple prayer like
mine. God is not looking for a lot of fancy words. He simply wants you to approach
Him in spirit and in truth. That means heartfelt honesty.

You may not change overnight after you offer a prayer in heartfelt honesty, but
change, you will. When we approach God in spirit and in truth, we touch His heart
and move Him in a special way.

When you offer your earnest prayer to Him, mean it! Then observe a change in your
outlook. You just might start living the impossible.

Lord of the impossible, I come to You with an open heart. I want to be honest and
truthful with You. I expose my life, I share with You my need. Please glorify Yourself
through all the situations and problems I will face today. And thank You for caring
about my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment