Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 16, 2011

It wa a nice day at home, this is the time of the year to clean out, I can't believe how many fabric scraps, I got a sense of direction so I threw a lot(you children will be glad) and then sorted the rest, I am sewing a quilt that will probably be for a baby.  
Dad has a cold, but I think he is better, he stayed in all day, I was in town for lunch with the other seniors and got the mail.  It was a good day.

VERSE:
  I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
   -- Philippians 4:13
  

THOUGHT:
  What's the basis of our happiness? If it's our outward
circumstances, we're all in trouble because sooner or later, these
aren't going to be too good. Paul said he had learned the secret to
living above life's circumstances. That secret was Jesus Christ.
Jesus was his assurance that no matter how things were here, he was
not alone. No matter how difficult things might be, these problems
were not permanent. No matter how hard life was at the time, Jesus
would give him the strength to overcome the difficulties. Paul was
just as sure that Jesus will do this for you and me!

PRAYER:
  God of glory and might, thank you for the stories in the Bible
of your great power. They give me courage and hope when I face my
problems. I believe Jesus can deliver me, sustain me, and uphold me
through my difficulties today and every day to follow. Please
forgive me for those times when I didn't turn to you and honestly
talk to you about my struggles. O LORD, I need the strength, the
comfort, and the presence of Christ today. In the name of my Savior
Jesus, I pray. Amen.


Father, I pray that you would be close to us, draw us to your side and help us to realize how much you care about what is happening in our lives.  In Jesus Name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment