Saturday, January 29, 2011

January 29,2011 b

I think I have a little issue of getting the wrong date on top.  Yesterday was Friday, and we were all ready to have a break.  DJ was sick so I had his band students, they wanted a study hall and after telling a couple of students it was study hall, they were wonderful.  Really did get a lot of work done.  The student I help just laid her head on the desk, made me wonder 'why don't you work like the other students'?  When she came later, she had as much of her math done as she usually does,  She isn't a very independent student, too depending on others.  But she had an open book test that wasn't finished.  Anyway it is done.  At the end of the day, I worked the math assignment for Monday.  If there is a problem I am not sure if I am doing it right, I have a student in study hall that I ask for help, it makes him feel special.    Her at home I was going to clean, but Dad doesn't like to hear the vacuum so only part of the house is done.  But I did some other projects,  I still am throwing fabric,  I hope to have everything cleaned out and gone.....

Here are some thoughts from Joni:
Worry

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink;
 or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and
the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air. Are you not
much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his
life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow.
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What
 shall we wear?' But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these
 things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for
 tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
                                                             --Matthew 6:25-28,
 31, 33-34

Try this: Go back over these verses and count how many times the Lord uses the word
"worry." You'll discover in the span of these few short verses that the Lord Jesus
repeats six times, "Do not worry." Talk about driving home a point!

The Lord was wise in repeating His warning so many times. He knows the devastating
effects of worrying, how it can corrode your faith like acid. Worry robs you of
joy; it steals your hope.

What is worrying you today? A deadline or a diet? A car payment or a gloomy medical
report? Repeat one more time your reading of Matthew 6:25-34 and personalize it
by putting your name after each time the Lord commands (notice, it's not a suggestion):
"Do not worry."

Lord, I admit that I'm so prone to worrying about things that happen in my life.
 Help me today to trust You. Receive glory as I turn from my anxiety and turn to
 You. Thank You that Jesus has given me this solemn warning not to 
worry



No comments:

Post a Comment