Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12,2011

Yesterday back to school after a day trip to Grand Forks.  It is the beginning of a new semester, I have some study hall changes, some different locations for study hall.  We are cleaning in the kitchen in preparation for a new cook.  I helped a student after school so I didn't leave the school til 5.  I am sewing some clothes for Julie to take to Nicaragua.

I feel so strongly about the value of scripture:

When Scripture Hurts
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword,
it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the
 thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

--Hebrews 4:12

Have you ever read a verse scores of times and then suddenly, on the sixty-fifth
 reading-zap!-the verse nails you squarely between your soul and spirit? Verses
such as "Follow me" or "Flee youthful lusts" sharply rebuke you for that lustful
 fantasizing you've been wallowing in lately. Any other time you would have skimmed
right over those verses. But now, it hurts.

That's what happens when the Word of God slices through that thin line between your
soul and spirit. Your soul, clouded by emotions and excuses, is not prone to conviction.
Your spirit, however, bears witness with the Spirit of God as His truth, painfully
revealing, hits home.

Often you may reread the verse, double-checking to make certain you heard God right,
but if you are honest, the verse still pierces and stings your conscience. You have
been wounded by the Word of God.

Andrew Murray has put it this way: "Jesus has no tenderness toward anything that
 is ultimately going to ruin a man in service to Him. If God brings to your mind
 a verse which hurts you, you may be sure that there is something He wants to hurt."

We must not view our disobedience as a vague generality, as when we say, "God, forgive
me, a sinner." What sins? Specifically, how have you disobeyed? Try to make a list
of at least ten specifics. Having trouble? Then ask God to wound you with His Word.

You, Lord, are the judge of my thoughts and my heart. Place the sword of Your Word
between my soul and spirit and reveal to me today things in my life that displease
You.


Blessings,

Joni and Friends

I really value the word of God and we can not get too much in our spiritual diet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment