Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 12, 2009

Humbled hearts
How canst thou say...Brother, let me pull out of the mote that is in thine eye,
when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Luke 6:42
You have listened to My words as though they were of little consequence. You cannot resist My Spirit without suffering pain, and you cannot turn a deaf ear to My words without falling into the snare of the enemy.
Look no more to My hand to supply freely your needs when you have not cleansed your hands and come to Me with a broken and a contrite heart.

That is a strong word.  I need to evaluate what I say and look at my own life first,  Am I doing the same thing myself?

Father help us to search our hearts and look introspect fully at our own lives and actions.

Yesterday was a day at home, and I should ahve been thinking about the people who have served our country, but I guess that I was enjoying being able to be here and since it was so beautiful I was able to be outside and I loved it.  I do find the peace and quiet of the outdoors a good time to think and pray so I guess that is what I did with the day.  I helped Dad move trucks about noon and they combined, Jerry helped when he came home and another fellow came, too.  Late in the day I went over to Frank and Dorothy's took them some soup and we ate together, then I drove to Cando for bible Study.  I got there early enough so I could visit with Matt and Mavis and get some groceries. It was a good day.

We are praying for Shaun and Brenna today.  They are at the hospital by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment