Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 3, 2009

Stay Beneath My Wing
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee.
Isaiah 43:2

Will I create, and will I not have it in My power to destroy? Is it not written that the potter breaks one vessel that He may shape a new one (see Jeremiah 18:4)? Yes, I will bring My will to pass, and man will know that his will is like a broken straw when pitted against the Almighty.
But My people will know the protection of their God. Stay beneath My wings, and I will make you a tower of strength.

I read that verse and thought, Do you think he wants to shape us into something different that we are.  We had a discussion at Bible Study, about the circumstances in our lives that have caused us to do what we do....leaving farming, preaching, doing adult care, etc.  Would we have chosen this road if we had been doing good at where we were at?  I am daily encouraged by this verse, 2 Corinthians 1:3-5:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort thsoe in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  God has taken those disappointments, those failures, those hurts(when we allow him to) and has used us to be an encouragement to someone else.  What in your life does God want to use to help someone else?

Father, search my heart and speak to me, help me to listen to your voice and follow in your steps, thank you for picking me up and caring me when i couldn't seem to care the load.  In Jesus Name.

Yesterday it went better at school, Mr Docktor isn't back yet, and I am not sure how he is doing, but Band went better, and having a regular schedule really helped.  After school I took three girls to Cando to sell ads, On my way over I thought, all three of these girls have never done this before, I am real impressed with how they handled themselves, they did really well.  The businesses there are really great, and very supportive.  So it was a good day, with the time change it is dark by supper time, so we drove home in the dark.  But it was really moonlight outside.  I did some more quilt sewing,  there is another baby due in our community so I want to get it done for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment