Friday, November 20, 2009

November 20, 2009

A Covert in the Storm
Humble yourselves...casting all your care upon him
1 Peter 5:6-7
Be at peace, for in me there is covert in the storm. My love remains changeless whatever winds may blow. My grace will sustain you however deep may be the night.
Nothing harms the trusting soul though calamity be his companion. In affliction there shall be comfort, for he who abides in Me shall not know desolation. I protect, I provide, I enrich. He who loves Me is supremely blessed; My grace is his strength, and I am his salvation.

Are we willing to let go and allow God to do that in our lives? He wants to be all of that to us. Yesterday when I got home from school there was a message from a friend who was being attack again where she works, sometimes life seems so unfair.  We prayed, she had called
friends to pray for her, and when I read what she wrote, God was with her, and there was nothing wrong with her asking for prayer.  Do we sometimes try to carry a burden that God didn't mean for us to carry?  Are we willing to let go and let God?  to acknowledge our need....


Yesterday at school Online Foods students were to take a test on the computer, and they had only yesterday to do it.  I had to focus on making sure that they did it and two are students on IEP's(Independent Education Plans)  so I read the test to them, and sat right with them.  One of the students hit the key kind of hard and it knocked him off the internet and he couldn't get back into the test, it was a one try thing.  so we had to figure out another way for him to do the test.  It was an interesting day.  In the evening I started sewing the school bags.  Dad is working in the field.  Thank you Lord for each nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment