Friday, November 13, 2009

November 13, 2009

Affliction, No Stranger
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him
Job 13:15
Affliction is no stranger to the child of God. Darkness falls upon both saint and sinner. Those who know Me intimately will find a deep joy in the midst of life's bitterness.
I do not smooth out the way for My loved ones, for how then could they testify of My provision?
I prepare you in order to use you in the hour of crisis. The crisis is not the time to dry for deliverance, saying, "Lord, save me," but to dry, "Lord, use me."

I have just read an article that said the very same thing, it told about someone going through a dry difficult time but he compared it to a bible story, where the person had experienced the same.  Remember in the midst of what is happening, God is still with you and is preparing you for greater things.  As long as our lives are easy, do we see a need for God?  Not really, we need challenges to draw us nearer to him.

Yesterday, we were back to school, one of the students went with me to Cando and we sold the rest of the annual ads, she did a really good job and she is kind of a shy girl.  I was impressed.  I didn't do much in the evening.  Dad had been working in the field, but not harvesting.  I went to bed early and had several calls after I was there.  We are thankful that Brenna has had little Natalie.


No comments:

Post a Comment