Friday, November 6, 2009

November 6, 2009

Expect the Unexpected
Philip went....and preached Christ unto them. And the people...
gave heed unto those things which Philip spake,
Hearing and seeing the miracles which he did
Acts 8:5-9

O My child, let Me speak to you, and let My Spirit direct your life. I may lead you in unexpected ways, and ask things of you that are startling, but I will never guide you amiss.  You shall go as Philip went--at the direction of the spirit--into the places that are out of the way, and bring light on My Word to those who are in need.

I feel this word is quite self-explanatory.  God may lead us in ways we haven't anticipated, and he is waiting for us to be willing vessels.  This morning Julie Ruth had a video for me to see on a site, and it was about martyrs in Iran,  I feel the need to be challenged to be praying for believers around the world.  You and I live in a very protective place, but it isn't that way for many believers.....

Father, create in our hearts a burden for those who need us to uphold them in prayer.  Give us wisdom on how to pray.  and help us to trust you to guide us in this.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

We do not have school today.  Some would call it the hunting holiday, but it is suppose to be the day we get off because we didn't take a day off for parent teacher conferences.  I enjoyed some time outside after school and Chuck and Jack were able to combine.  I don't know how wet it still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment