Thursday, November 19, 2009

November 19, 2009

Godly Sorrow Versus Carnal
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance:
but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken
Proverbs 15:13
Overmuch sorrow causes the heart to fail. If you would be a rejoicing Christian, the griefs of the carnal man must be laid aside.
To bemoan any unpleasant natural circumstance accomplishes nothing but a heaping up of misery. Undue distress about untoward happenings is devastating to the soul. The only kind of sorrow that I can use for your good is the godly sorrow of the true repentance.
Turn to Me in every trial, and give it all to Me.

What is making you and I sad this day?  Is there anything that we can do to change it?  Are we waisting our time with that kind of attitude and spirit?

Father, search my heart this day and show me what you desire to do in and through me to encourage those about me.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, after school I went to Cando, and met with Mary Jarrett(they are going to Africa to a Deaf School) we are making plans to send things with them.  Right now the plan is for school supplies.  So we are going to make a simple school bag for each child, and include some school supplies.  After cleaning the church I came home and in the evening cut out about 56 bags, so we are ready to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment