Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13, 2009

This is the Glory Life

The cloud of the Lord was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night.  Exodus 40:38

Behold, I say unto thee, This is the way, walk ye in it.
         neither turn to the right hand nor to the left.
For I shall make the path for thy feet a plain path,
            and light shall be there,
            and there shall be the shining of My glory.
It shall not be the glory of man. It shall be the glory of God.

I have just finished reading the book about the children who were a part of Azusa Street, when the Holy Spirit was poured out at the turn of the century, or about 100 years ago.  It is an encouraging story, about children who were there.  How God moved in their lives and used them to be the vessels used by God to minister to people, there was much healing.  I am interested in the path that God has for us, and how he is leading and guiding us.   How he protected and guided the Israelites, the people at Azusa Street, and countless others throught the years who have been obedient to God.

Father, we give you this day, help us to recognize your place in our lives this day.  To see your hand guiding us and directing us, then help us to give you honor and thanks for that direction.  In Jesus Name.  Amen

Yesterday, Dad and I left about 5 a.m.  I checked in at 7:15, and we were on our way home about 1:30.  I remember praying before I went for God's guidance.  The first lady that I saw, commented on my purse, and that brought forth a conversation.  She suggested that I read the book _Three Cups of Tea._  Howard Skaar had just given me that book, we also talked about mission trips and someone in her life also goes to Nicaragua.  Before I left the hospital, Deb Reardon, who graduated from Starkweather gave me a ride in a wheel chair to the car.  Good conversation with her.  As they were preparing me a med student from Devils Lake was one of the people that talked to me, I think she wanted to learn more about what was a problem for me, a real sweet girl.  Dad and I will be fine,  I slept for quite a while after I got home and after we ate we watched some t v .  We have been listening to some speakers, the ones last night were really good.  You have a great day



No comments:

Post a Comment