Monday, March 16, 2009

March 16, 2009

/Give Yourself to Prayer and the Word
But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.  Acts 6:4

Give yourself to a life of prayer and much careful study of the Word.
Dispose of nonessentials. Concentrate your thoughts and intentions upon Jesus Christ, and in Him seek your wisdom and comfort. I will open avenues to aid you, for this is My will for you, and you can know that I will always make a way for the performance of My will in your life once you have set your goal to be obedient to My commands./

When I read this all I could think was AMEN or I agree.  I can't say what God is doing in any of your lives, but I know he wants me to get rid of the clutter in my life.  I believe if we ask him, he will show us what is clutter in our live.  For each of us it may be something different.  For me right now it is fabric, photos, information, things I no longer use.  But it needs to be what he shows me.Not what someone else suggests, because God is talking to each one of us as individuals.  We need to listen to his voice.I can think of a multitude of things God could be talking to us about.  I feel a need to clean out in the kitchen, sometimes we buy things and don't use them, so now I feel that I am to focus on using what is here rather than buying, and then be more careful about purchases.  Another area is in the bathroom, the excess of lotions, etc.  use them don't get any more til these are gone.  clothes, are there things that I need to get rid of because I no longer use them?    books are, there books we don't read that could be removed?  I think of the cupboards in the utility room, there is a lot for me to use/get rid of....it is happening.  Now this may not seem spiritual, but everything that surrounds us weighs us down and keeps us from being focused on Jesus and our relationship with God.
When I am sewing, I have to say that it is a time for me to pray, I don't have to do a lot of focusing to do it, so I pray.  Is there something that you do that is a "no brainer" when you could devote that time to prayer/

Father, We thank you for this day, we thank you for rest and for the life you have given us.  Help us to listen to your voice when you speak to us, and then help us to apply your word to our lives.  Help us to seek you and your will for us.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Yesterday Church and Sunday School.  They gave a report on the Nicaragua trip for our people, Art Sorum and several of his children were there.  There were comments on Art and his many trips to Nicaragua.  After the morning worship Michael adn Colleen showed us how they eat.  They gave a food demonstration on how they juice carrots, applies and actually make their salads into a drink.  We all had samples, and then Colleen had a salad for  us to taste.  Jerry came over and put in a skype for us and this morning I think it should be operational.


No comments:

Post a Comment