Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19, 2009

Eternity and Time
A wheel in the middle of a wheel.  Ezekiel 1:16

Do not let the sound of war and discords deafen your ears to My message; for I would speak to you a word of encouragement and hope.
Do not focus on the problems of the word; but look up.
My ageless purposes are set in Eternity. Time is like a little wheel set within the big wheel of Eternity.  The little wheel turns swiftly and shall one day cease.  The big wheel turns not, but goes straightforward.  Time is your responsibility--Eternity is Mine!

First I went to Ezekiel to find that verse, really it is a part of much more.  But if I were to think of my life as a little wheel that is moving within a big wheel that isn't moving, My life is moving on very quickly and the big wheel is eternity, that is there for a long time and it is waiting for me.    I have been reading about the Jewish people, they don't believe in a life after death.  There are many stories told of people who have death experiences(and did come back) and realize that there is a life after we die, so that and God's word prepares me for that time.  Recently the Father to one of my favorite campers died, very quickly and unexpectedly,  I think of how a dynamic life was cut off instantly, it challenges me to live my life like that might happen to me.  As that wheel of my life moves, I have the opportunity to make choices about what I want to do with it.

Father, we thank you for this day, we thank you for giving us life and a desire to live and serve you, Today we pray for your directions in the choices we make with our day, Help us to live it with eternity in mind.  In Jesus Name. Amen

Yesterday, I went to Bible Study with Julie Ann at Zoar Church in Hampden, it was a good time together, then we drove to Devils Lake so she could do the rest of her banking.  I came home for my daily nap and later Dad and I went to Cando where I got the church bulletin printed and the church ready for Sunday.  We were at Bible Study in Cando.  We always have a good time there.  I have been studying about the Jewish people and got a book on the subject that I am reading.  Trusting that you each had a great day.

2 comments: