Friday, March 20, 2009

March 20, 2009

/The Headship of Christ
Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end. 1 Peter 1:13

Many are looking to you for deliverance and for salvation.  Be aware of every possible moment of opportunity.  The eternal destiny of lives is at stake.  A frivolous spirit or a careless indulgence in levity may rob both yourself and the other person of a priceless experience in the creative power of the Spirit.  Don't take such a precarious path.  Stay in the Spirit, and keep your mind in captivity to the mind and the thoughts of Christ.  Be satisfied with nothing less.
/
First I noted the word, levity and this is the definition:  feeling an inappropriate lack of seriousness.You all know that I have said that I wasn't around when God handed out a sense of humor.  Sorry, that is just the way I am.  I can laugh if something is clean and funny but I don't like inappropriate jokes, etc.

You and I have opportunities to blessing someone,  how many times are we so focused on ourselves and our desires that we miss those opportunities?  I believe the author  is saying that we need to be careful that we don't get caught up in the frivolous and miss what God really wants in our lives.  Life is serious, and granted that a Merry Heart Doeth Good, but there is a time and a seasons for everything.  I see to many serious things about me that call me to be serious and not frivolous.

Father, we thank you for this day,  Give us wisdom and discernment concerning the things about us,  Help us to see those about us just as you see them.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, I was here all day. Julie came over and vacuumed in the afternoon, that was really great.  Otherwise, I focused on sewing and reading and studying.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment