Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9, 2009

/Set Your Course By My Promises
The Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil  2 Thessalonian 3:3

Be not afraid. Because of My faithfulness to you, even your enemies will recognize My power. Hold to My promises.  They are given to you as a chart is given to a ship, and a compass to the hunter.  You may set your course and find your way by My promises.  They will lead you and guide you in places where there is no trodden path.
Study My Word. It abounds with nuggets of courage.  It will strengthen you and help you.
/
As I draw close to Jesus, he draws close to me, and he guides my steps.  We sometimes like to make everything about life complicated.  The gospel was meant to be simple.  We were sinners, when we came to Jesus and truly confessed that we were sinners, he came into our hearts and lives and forgave us and then he is guiding us.  Granted we have allowed a lot of baggage in our lives, some from before and some since, but God wants to deal with that.  Sometimes we have allowed things to hibernate and then they come back rather than killing the past.  Jesus wants to set us free: If the Son shall set you free, you shall be free indeed.

Father, we thank you for this day, we thank you for rest, and your promise of being with us.  We ask for your guidance in the choices we make today.  Father, that you would keep your hand upon us and draw us closer to your side.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, Dad and I drove separately to church, he ate a roll with the people and then left for Bismarck for the airplane symposium. We had a new family come to church, they are missionaries and have been in Ukraine and Camaroon.  They bought a house in Cando.  After church I drove to Devils Lake to do some errands, and spent some time with Frank and Dorothy.

5 comments: