Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 18, 2009

/Grow Up in Me
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance Galatians 5:22-23

Now that you are in Christ, you have My life abiding in you and you have become a new creature.  Grow up in Me now, so that you may develop to the measure of the fullness of Christ (see Ephesians 4:13)
My purpose was not simply to bring you into My family to remain as babies or children. I am concerned with your maturity and with the producing of the fruits of the Spirit in your life.
/
It is about a year ago since Addison was born into Gregg and Alicia's family,  we wouldn't want her to remain like she was when she arrived, rather we are excited with each step she takes to grow into a person, someone that we can have a real communicating relationship with.  So why would God want us to act like babies?  He doesn't, he wants someone that can talk to him, just like we want to be able to talk to Addison.  As we grow, he desires to see fruit in our lives.  We know that Addison will maybe act stubborn, selfish, and other characteristics, but as her parents demonstrate parenting in her life, they will be able to mold and shape her behavior/character.  This is what God is doing in our lives, it isn't always fun but as we yield to him, we will see changes in who we are and what we do.
This morning I was actually reading the scripture from Galatians before I opened this book, here are some verses that I had studied
Love - Song of Solomon 2:4  His banner over me is LOVE
Joy - Nehemiah 8:10b The joy of the Lord is your strength
Peace - Psalm 122:6  Pray for the peace of Jerusalem
Patience - Proverbs 19:11 A mans wisdom gives him patience
Kindness - 2 Peter 1:7 And to brotherly kindness Love
Goodness - 1Corinthians 10:24  No one should seek his own good, but the good of others
Faithfulness - Psalm 91:4  His faithfulness will be your shield
Gentleness - Philippians 4:5  Let your gentleness be evident to all.
Self-control - 2 Peter 1:6 to knowledge, self control, to self control perseverance.

Father, I pray that you would help us to be diligent about our relationship with you that we would desire to grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, In Jesus Name. Amen

Yesterday, I organized my information for DAR meeting this morning, we to town to mail letters and visited with Lu Hermanson and Carla, and Tia Hermanson. After my nap, I spent time sewing bags for Nicaragua.  It was a good day.  There is a bit of spring in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment