Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22, 2009

I Will Use but Not Destroy You

My word....shall not return unto me void.  Isaiah 55:11

O My child, do not let your energies be consumed by humdrum tasks.  What is needed must be done; but if you put the ministry of the Kingdom in first place.  My strength will be yours for other tasks, and time will be given to you for both.
Learn to discern when I would use you, and when I would have the other individual lean wholly upon Me. I will use you, but I will not destroy you in the using.

I think this is self explanatory. Are we involved in tasks that aren't really God's desire for us?  Are they taking our energies so that we don't have time and energy for Gods choice for us?  The emphasis here is that if we put God first, we will have time and strength for the rest.  I think we have to be careful to keep it in perspective,  It is easy to get involved in 'works' and that might not be what God really wants, He wants us to know him, and he wants to know us.  How does that happen?  By prayer and the word, then we will hear his voice and know what he wants us to do.  I like the part about 'Learn to discern when I would use you, and when I would have the other individual lean wholly upon Me.'  It is so easy for us to tell people what to do, but the author wants us to know that we need to pray for someone and then encourage them to follow the directions that God is giving them.  I have no way of knowing what God is telling you, I don't want to interfere in your lives.  I am and will pray for you.....

Father, we thank you for this day, help us to reflect on our lives, on the choices that we make and Father what is your choice for us? Draw us to your side and help us to listen to your voice when you speak to us.  In Jesus Name. Amen..

Yesterday was the day I was to give the talk at DAR, I had everything prepared and went to the meeting, the head lady in North Dakota was at our meeting.  I wondered what she would think of what I was going to do.  There was so much discussion that I wondered if they would have time, and it was getting late, but I started and they were very attentive and receptive.  So I am thankful that I could do that.  Edna Simon and I ate together and had some time to visit.  Then I came home and took at nap, I went over to see Frank and Dorothy for a while.  Doug Schonauer, Wayne Haugland and Dad went over to Aneta to see a fellow there.  I think he might have airplanes, old cars, etc.  This morning it sounds really windy,  must be the "March winds."

No comments:

Post a Comment