Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 4, 2009

Fear, A Sin
Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb.....because that he wholly followed the Lord   Joshua 14:14

Be not faint of heart. Fear will rob you of your possession as quickly as any other sin; for truly fear is a sin and it opens the door for many other sins to follow.
Guard your heart from doubt and every negative attitude.  You cannot afford to take the risk of entertaining any such thoughts at so critical time.  Only the strong in faith shall prevail.   Only those with a "Caleb" spirit shall take the walled cities and crush our the enemies.

When I read/ wrote this I thought "what is a Caleb Spirit?"  It is one who wholly trusts in the Lord.  Then I see where the author talks about fear and when we allow it to settle in our hearts it opens us up to other sins.  We are challenged to guard our heart against negative thoughts and attitude.  Let us think about it, what are we being negative about?  what negative thoughts are we entertaining?  I know that I am attacked just like each of you,  I need to be reminded of who I am in Christ, and what he wants me to do and think.  He is calling us to commit our lives to be his vessels and to walk in faith as he guides our steps.

Father, we come to you this day, and we thank you for your word, we ask you Heavenly Father to guide us and direct us, give us a Caleb spirit, one who follows wholly after God.  For the challenges this day we ask for your directions and a sense of your presence in our midst.  In Jesus Name.  Amen

Yesterday, just a regular  day, after school I showed Mary Werner the quilts before I take them to the church, because she is the one who gave me the pattern.  I am cutting old jeans into strips for Janet, she plans to make a rug for them.  I am really glad to get rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment