Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23, 2009

/Responsibilities and Privileges
For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath   Matthew 25:29

Responsibilities always increase in proportion to privileges.  He who is recipient of great spiritual riches, of him will I require much in the way of ministry.  Let the earthly life of the Lord Jesus be an example to you.  Day and night He toiled, praying by night and working by day.  So must you./

God wants us to use the gifts he has given us, otherwise he could take them away.  Don't tell me you don't have any gifts, God has given each of you gifts/abilities/talents, what ever you want to call them. I remember a time in my life when I would look at what someone else was doing and feel frustrated at my feeble efforts.  God would have to show me how he had made each of us unique, we are one of a kind, and to not want to be like someone else.  I am thinking of some of the things you have each been telling me,  God has gifted eacch of you and that is why he uses you as he does, sometimes you don't like the way it is at your job, but he made you with the kind of personality to be able to do the task put before you, maybe your are more mellow in conflict, or in times of crisis, maybe he has made you a take charge person, accept yourself and give yourself to do the best you can.

Father, we lift this day to you, thank you for rest, sleep, the beginning of a new week, the opportunity to leave behind what was in the past and to step forward and make the best of this day.  Father,  we come to you and our desire is to be your vessel, help us to sense your presence in our daily activities, guide our steps and direct our path, draw us closer to your side through this day.  Help us to use those gifts and skills that you have given us.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, was Sunday School and church, I had 5 precious children for Sunday school, I read the story and they did some coloring and while they colored they communicated with each other, it was a good time together.  Brittney had come up from South Dakota to see her dad, Gary Price and it was good to have her with us.  Michael had a good message  He spoke on Acts 4:12  Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.  People think there are so many ways to God, but that verse is clear that there is only one way.  We came home and had a nap and in the evening Jerry stopped by and I talked to Janet and Julie.  I am making another poster for my Jewish project.

No comments:

Post a Comment