Monday, March 30, 2009

March 30, 2009

/Cleanse the Sanctuary
My people....have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out....broken cisterns, that can hold no water.  Jeremiah 2:13

I have commanded that you love Me with a whole heart, and that you serve Me with undivided loyalty.  You cannot serve two masters. Cleanse the sanctuary, and bring Me your sacrifices with pure hearts and clean hands.  I will not despise the sacrifices of contrite hearts.
Although you have strayed, I have not left you.  Wherever you turn to Me in love and confession, I am there in the midst of you.
/
We are all at different seasons of life, what is important at each season is different.  When I reflect on my life at your ages, I wasn't any different than each of you. There are things in life that we find important today, that in the years to come will be a lot less important to you.  God just wants all of us and he wants us to live a clean and holy life, purified by Jesus blood.  It isn't something we can do our selves, It takes a work of God's Holy Spirit to draw us to him, and give us a hunger for more of him and a desire to live for him.  Our physical body is that sanctuary.  God is very patiently waiting for us.  I wonder if we are that patient with our children?

Father, we thank you for your word, help it to light our path this day, draw us closer to your side, help us to be a sanctuary that welcomes your presence this day.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Yesterday, we had Sunday School and church.  I had six students, little Alana will is a new addition to our class, she is the youngest, I think I will probably have her sit on my lap some, she seemed to enjoy that.  It is a good time for them to share with each other.  After church and the usual pizza that Dad and I share, we had naps, I went to Devils Lake to hear the Jews for Jesus presentation and Jack was over at Frank and Dorothys.  Jews for Jesus is Jewish Christians ministering to other Jews.  He showed us and explained a passover celebration.  He was a very young man who has lived with his family for 16 years in Tell Aviv.  Afterwards there was a time for questions, there was a Jewish lady in the congregation, she had been brought by a family from Brinsmade.  I went over and talked to her afterwards and hope that I will get to met her sometime and visit with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment