Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17, 2009

Relinquish Your Will
And God sent me before you...to save your lives by a great deliverance  Genesis 45:7

My heart is grieved by your independence.  how would Joseph have felt if his father and family had remained at home, starving in the famine, when he had invited them to share the bountiful stores he had at his disposal?
I seek not to interfere with your happiness, but I do require that you relinquish your will; for I cannot bless you as I desire to do until your will is yielded up and you accept Mine in exchange./

Wow!  I read this and think, Oh Father you must get so frustrated with me, I want my life to be about my desires, when they may be very far from your desires.  What do you desire in my life?  I think I have probably always struggled with works,  I know I don't get to heaven by works, but after having a relationship with God through Christ, it is so easy to get caught up on the idea of helping, helping or what ever that may translate into.  God really is looking at my relationship with him.  That I love him and love him some more, that I desire to sit at his feet and be in his presence, and worship him.  All else will fall in place.

Father, we give you this day, we invite you to be a part of what we do, We worship you and we LOVE you. Help us to be focused on our relationship with you because then you will be in whatever else we are doing.  Bless my family and the choices they make.  Close doors and open doors in their lives, and draw them to your side.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Yesterday I was home by myself, spent some time reading, studying and preparing talk about Jewish people in our county.  Today we are honored for being Irish, and since I have some Irish blood, you each have some, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment