Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I wasn't able to send a devotion this morning, just not the time, etc.  but I have ben thinking about the day and decided that since it is Father's Day, I would express my feelings about the day.  As a Christian, I have a relationship with my heavenly Father because I chose to invite Jesus to be my Savior and Lord.  So I have this relationship with God, who we referr to as "Our Father."   What do you think of when you think of Our Father?  what do you feel about your father?  When we talk to children about loving God and compare it to their earthly Father, we have problems because maybe the earthly Father didn't display a very good example of father to the child.  I have in the past written to you who are dad's and grandpa's of the children that are special in my life.  I am thankful for you and the part that you have in raising my grandchildren and greatgrandchildren.

I challenge you to think about the image you portray to your children.  This doesn't exempt you mom's either,  what kind of an image do you portray to your  children and grandchildren?  I am challenged in my life about the example that I make, too.  I know in the past I don't really feel I did such a great job, so I am thankful that you still care about me inspite of it.

Thank you for the part that you have in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment