Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 13, 2009

/Here am I ' send me.  Isaiah 6:8
Lo, the message is Mine, but I have need of those who will speak it without alteration and without any attempt to please men.
The seeds of the Word have long since dried up and died in many a prayerless life. I need those who will speak it again and send it out afresh in the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit. The Word must be spoken through those who are spiritually alive, otherwise it loses its power to produce new life.

An anointed Tongue
The Lord.....sent them two and two before his face into every city and place. whither he himself would come Luke 10:1
I have called you to a special ministry, and it cannot be carried out properly without My full blessing.
Let Me anoint your tongue,and you shall speak with divine authority and never again will you say. "I am a weak and inadequate vessel." I shall put words into your heart and speak them forth from your lips, and hearts shall burn as the message goes out./

These are the two devotions for yesterday and today, because I wasn't able to do devotions yesterday.  Both are very good.  God wants us to speak the word, just as he has given it to us, and to not change its content aor purpose.  What we do needs God's blessing for it to be effective.  It is not about us or anything we say or do, it is about God.

Yesterday, Friday, was the day to make muffins and serve them by 8 a.m. so I was trying to get them ready, when I took a call from Poland.  A girl on staff has been going to Poland, and now someone is coming to our camp from there, she was to go to Minneapolis yesterday to meet her.  The call said that flight was going to change.  I found Kim and waited for his return call, which was about an hour wait.  So she shared with us how she got involved in helping a church in Poland.  Actually her church here has now become involved with that church, too.  They went as a team and did construction work on the church there, she goes and helps with camps for them.  After dinner, I drove to Cando, and then on to Hampden to get oil changed on car.

4 comments: