Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 14, 2009

/Immediate obedience
If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land. Isaiah 1:19
When I give you guidance and you are persuaded in your own mind of My leading, ever ponder your decision. There is but one possible reply and that is "Yes, Lord." Then simply do My bidding, and do it immediately.
Delayed obedience is nearly always disobedience, because along with the procrastination there is deliberation followed by rationalization, and by the time decision finally evolves into action, your own will is in control.

/ It is a good choice to obey right away, when we put it off it is so easy to never do it.  We miss God's blessings when we do that.  As I wrote this, I could think of something in my life right now that God is speaking to me, that I haven't acted on yet.  It is much easier to obey God right away.

Yesterday I drove to South Dakota to get Trey for Bible Camp, it was a long day, I stopped in Jamestown for a while, and when I got to Trey's house I took a nap and the ride back went o.k.

4 comments: