Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25, 2009

As a Lamb Before a Lion

Your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.  1 Peter 5:8

All kings of dangers lurk about you. The enemy would rob you of the most sacred blessing. He has no desire to take it except to destroy it. Your power to protect it is no match for his treachery. He lies in wait in the unexpected place, and yo are as a lamb before a lion.

At My feet leave all, and know it is for your ultimate joy. Truly it is not a sacrifice. It will be your salvation.

I think about the dangers that lurk.  To me the greatest danger I see is making my life vulnerable by being tired.  When I am tired I have to watch my actions and what I say.  It is impossible to take back words unwisely spoken, so when I feel tired I like to retreat to my bedroom and take a nap.  Now you may think that sounds strange, but if one is tired, or has not kept in God's word and prayer, we can open ourselves up to things that we will regret.

Yesterday was a beautiful day her at Camp FaHoCha.  The campers were able to do water activities including the bloob.  In the kitchen, Eileen Aafedt and Dawn Pankratz came and helped us, so we could kind of catch up on other things, actually was able to work on church history for a while in the afternoon after I slept.  After the evening service the youth had a talent show, it was awesome,  wonderful piano solos, Gabe played and sang a song she wrote.  We were all impressed with every one.  But it was very late....

No comments:

Post a Comment