Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9, 2009

Preparation

Study to shew thyself approved unto God...rightly dividing the word of truth  2 Timothy 2:15

My child, I would speak to you as to a disciple.  What is in your hand?  Would you attempt to do a work with a broken instrument? You desire to serve Me in many ways. Have you carefully prepared? Or do you expect Me to overrule your lack of wisdom?  Lo, I say unto you, preparation is your own responsibility.  Certainly I will help you in it, but I am not glorified through a vessel that is careless concerning its condition.

 

Do we get careless and lazy about the way we handle our lives?  You know what ever you are doing 'is unto the Lord'  he deserves our best,  our family deserves our best,  are we giving our best? to our family first, and then to others? Do you feel like you fail in all of that?  I do, but God is faithful and he does care about what happens to us.  So we can come back and keep trying.

I did get to write to you last night, so there isn't really anything new to add, I have been sorting the photos and information that LaNita bolton gave to me, some really good photos, etc.  It is really cloudy this morning, but isn't raining.  We are going to serve biscuits and gravy for breakfast, lasagna for dinner and soup and sandwiches for supper.  I have really good help and it is a fun experience.  I am thankful for the afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment