Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 4, 2009

The Father's House

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life Psalm 27:4

In My Father's house are many mansions, and there is a place for you.  My child, Look not for a place int he world. Your place is in the Father's house.

You are not of the world, even as I was not of the world.  The spirit is nourished only by the eternal, and in prayer the soul breathes the atmosphere of heaven.

When I started writing this I thought of Grandma Helen, she used to say she would be satisified with a simple little cottage.  We sing a song about our Mansion over the hill top, so if the expectations of this life haven't satisified us, God has a greater place prepared for us, our focus needs to be on being satisfied with what God gives us and preparing for the live he is going to give us.  Our life here is small and insignificant compared to eternity.Are we satisified with the life we have?  Are we satisfied with where he has placed us?  Do we realize that he can take what seems insignificant and use it and make some thing great of it?  I was listening to the message from our church on Sunday, a new family has moved to Cando, they are missionaries, and Michael had him share about his life on Sunday.  He is a demonstration of God taking a life that was truly a mess and chainging it into a life that is being used to God's glory. 

 

Yesterday, more camp preparations, they were out in the lake getting the swimming area ready, the water is extremely cold.  I tried some new foods on our small group, and in the evening enjoyed being outside in the flower beds, getting them ready for the flowers we will be planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment