Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8, 2009

A yielded spirit

Only the voice of the Lord thy God. Deuteronomy 27:10

Unless you move in obedience, all your other actions and your knowledge will be misdirected and unfruitful.  Know my will, and do it. I have revealed it to you and I am constantly seeking to guide you in myriad ways.  Your self-will blots out My divine directives. Before the sound of My voice registers on your consciousness, you drown it out with the objections of an unyielded spirit.  You will never move freely in My hightest purpose unless you constantly offer up to Me a yielded, broken, self-renouncing vessel.

We will never be happy until we yield to what God is speaking to us, sometimes we aren't willing to get into a place to even desire/ or listen to his voice.  We have a speaker this week who from the first night has zerod in on our relationship with our Lord and savior, and we are all being touched as we listen.  Touched also as we see youth yielding to God.

We would like it to be sunny but we don't always get what we want, actually we are thankful that during the day it hasn't been raining, our focus was on preparing for for the campers.  I am writing this late at night because i wasn't able to get onto the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment