Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2010

Supernatural Strength
I can do all things because Christ gives me the strength
Philippians 4:13 NIV

God has given us the answers,
       which too often go unheeded,
But if we search His promises,
      we'll find everything that's needed
To lift our faltering spirits
      and renew our courage, too,
For there's absolutely nothing
      too much for God to do.

I have been spending time in the word and praying for each of you.  This year, the writing is really brief so I am adding to it from what I am reading each day.  I am reminded that god's word is full of promises but we need to read them, apply them to our lives and cling to them.  This wasn't a verse this morning, but it is what I was thinking about.  I remember when John and Jacqui came to live with us, she printed out in big letters the following verse and it was posted on our kitchen cupboard door.  God's word hasn't changed that verse is still there, waiting to be a part of our lives.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
When I looked up that verse I was directed to these verses, too:
Isaiah 55:12  You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace.  The mountains and hills will burst into song before you and all the trees will clap their hands.
Job 8:7  Your beginnings will seem humble so prosperous will your future be.
Zechariah 8:15  So now I have determined to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah, do not be afraid.

Some of you are walking to work, and some are driving,  You know God can speak to you in your car, he desires for you to quiet your voice and listen for him, and for those of you who walk, spend that time in prayer and praise, and quiet your heart so that God can talk to you, too.  I use the time when I ride to school to again pray for my family, to pray for compassion in my heart towards those I am with and to pray for other needs too.  Sometimes, it doesn't seem so great, but sometimes I know that God is there and his presence is guiding me.  It is my prayer that this would be your experience, too.

Father, may the meditation of our heart be acceptable in your sight O lord, our strengh and our redeemer.  In Jesus Name. Amen

It was a day at home, we ate lunch with the sr's in the afternoon and went to the O'Brien house, we had to shovel to get in the door, but we did find a lamp shade so I can now use this old lamp that we have been fixing this week.  it is something that was sitting Grandpa Glenn's garage for years.

Have a great day.  We love all of you.

4 comments: