Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29, 2010

Strength for the Day
My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9KJV

God did not promise sun without rain,
Light without darkness to joy without pain.
He only promised strength for the day
When the darkness comes
         and we lose our way.

It is so good to know that he is with us whatever the conditions.  He doesn't always make a way of escape but rather he walks through the situations with us.

Father, I pray that you would bless my family this day and encourage them in whatever they are doing, help them to see your hand in their activities.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

I wrote some reflections about yesterday the ups and downs. First we had a real positive note when a students who had given us a problem wrote a page letter of apology to the resource room teacher, it made her day and mine, too.  Because I am the one who has to talk to her when she gets uncooperative, granted it may happen again, but we feel it is progress in the right direction.  The whole process is preparing children for the real world, and for some it isn't what they learn in a book.  the second student that had been a problem, I was able to spend time with her doing maps at a level she could understand, and she responded positively. I had some positive conversations after school with teachers, and people who had come to the basketball game.  I went home and got there in time to fix supper.

Now for downers:  7 hr study hall, Father give me grace and wisdom, they are a challenge.  when I got home dad had rearranged the living room and put the treat mill where the sofa sat, I was tired enough that I didn't care, I have no idea how he managed to move it, he says he did it himself.  so I told him, we really don't need a new sofa, so it will be interesting to see what I find when I come home today.


No comments:

Post a Comment