Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21. 2010

Live to Give
(You) should give much to those
in need and be ready to share.
1 Timothy 6:18 NLV

Every day is a reason for giving
And giving is the key to living...
So let us give ourselves away,
Not just today but every day.

I was reading a verse:
 Galations 6:7-8 Do not be deceived: God can not be mocked, a man reaps what he sows.  The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the spirit will reap eternal life.

I thought of a student yesterday who chose to sow bad behavior and then what he reaped, a visit to the office, and an encounter with the principal.  Everything we do has consequences, when we sow love, we truly do reap it, but when we sow discord or negative, we reap that too.  The author of the poem challenges us to give and we will benefit and receive back as we do give from our heart.

Father, what would you have me to give this day?  How do I translate this concept in my life at this season and moment?  is it something great and magnificent or something small and simple as a smile?  Help me to hear your voice when you give me that opportunity to give.  In Jesus name.

Yesterday, school, we were at Bible study in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment