Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17, 2010

Our Father's World
The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good.
Proverbs 15:3 RSV

Thank You, God, for the beauty
Around me everywhere,
The gentle rain and glistening dew,
The sunshine and the air.

I reflect on the above verse, the wonder of God's care and that he is watching each of us.
Can you sense that he has been with you this week and even for the hard times and places we have been in, he has used even that in our lives.  Each of us is facing different challenges and decision, but that doesn't mean that God isn't there, he is and he is meeting us each in a different way.

He probably has to be a different kind of God
A God of Mercy,
A God of grace,
A God of patience,
A God of compassion
A God of peace
A God of joy
A God of.........

You put in there what your situation as been this week and how God has met you.

I am reflecting the kind of God he has been to me, and to Dad this week.  It may be different than your needs, but he has been there, and has promised that he would never leave us or forsake us.

Yesterday when I wrote to you in the morning I was feeling that maybe I shouldn't go to Devils Lake, I don't like leaving dad alone, So Dad drove, and I went to my meeting, he came and got me and we went home.  At the meeting Kristen told about the Deerfield Massacre in Massacusetts(1704) where her family came from.  She had a relative in that event but he survived and because of that her family is here today.  It is through her mother.  You might like to read about it.

We had time at home, I fixed the tomatoes for the soup and we ate, then we were with the seniors for lunch, they make a real meal, sandwiches and pie, and I left and went to Cando.  We had a special even for singles,  there were 7 who came and then Maryanne who sang and spoke to them.  I helped in the kitchen and then we got it cleaned up after wards, I had soup left so I stopped at Gladys Neidlinger's and gave her some for today.  It was a good day.

Trusting that each of you had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment