Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30, 2010

Our Refuge
yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow
of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4
the Lord is our salvation
and our strength in every fight,
Our redeemer and protector,
our eternal guiding light.
He has promised to sustain us,
He's our refuge from all harms,
And underneath this refuge
     are the everlasting arms.

These are some thought I read this morning:
   Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one
another in love.
-- Ephesians 4:2

"You mean I have to put up with that!?" There are those folks in
life about whom the saying is true: "They are the grit out of which
we are to fashion our pearl." But our great example in this
challenge is Jesus. Think of what he had to put up with in his 12
disciples. Remember how transformational his patience and
gentleness with them was. Can we dare to do less?

I share these with you because we all face people who are hard to be around but God is/wants to use them to work patience and grace in our lives. Thank you Lord for the challenging people in our lives that you have allowed to be used to shape us into there person you can use. In Jesus Name. Amen.


Yesterday, school. I came home and after resting and fixing supper I sewed and finished the project I am working on, so now I can work on another project. Dad has done another room rearranging, I stayed out and let him do it, because I am not to lift, I have no idea how he manages to move the tread mill, but he did it, he made a few changes in that part of the room, so I hope it works good for him now. You can read about it in Julie's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment