Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Wow a New year and a new decade!

In the beginning, God.....
Genesis 1:1a

God has been there since the beginning, evidence of his hand is all about us, but today we are thinking about a New Beginning.

We have the opportunity to make choices and changes, the opportunity to face this year and realize it is like a new beginning.  A few years ago I wrote down somethings I wanted to accomplish that year and put the list away, later at the end of the year I went back and read what I had written, amazing I saw that it had happened, and I hadn't realized how very much I had desired it to happen at the beginning. 
I suggest that you think about it today,  What in your life would you like to see change, be realistic, and ask God to help you.  Writing down our thoughts is a good idea, they become more concrete that way.  I don't think of these thoughts as resolutions because then we tend to focus on what we resolved to do, we try to do it ourselves and lets face it we fail, but when we do what we know that God wants us to do, it will happen.

Father, search our hearts what are you saying to us today?  What would you like to see happen in our lives over the next months?  Help us to hear from you and to listen to yur voice.  In Jesus Name. Amen

Yesterday we were at home.  I don't remember anything significant, just finishing some letters, etc.  Dad went for lunch and visited with Chuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment