Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 16, 2010

Bitter and Sweet
He who is sated loathes honey, but to one who
 is hungry everything bitter is sweet.
Proverbs 27:7 RSV

Everything is by comparison,
Both the bitter and the sweet,
And it takes a bit of both of them
To make our lives complete.

We would like things to always be great but then we would never experience the joy of being blest by something special. 
Thank you Father for giving us valleys and mountain top experiences.  Thank you for blessing us in this way. 

Galations 5;16  Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

The gift of the Holy Spirit is so important, he enables and empowers us to move beyond our sin-not by focusing on it and refusing it, but by enriching us and "distracting" us with the important things of God.

I found this verse and thought important this morning and so I share it with you.  I can get really depressed by things happening around me in the world, but when I come back and focus on my life in Christ and what really is important, that changes a lot of things.  What is he calling me to do?  Daily how am I to live my faith?  Can I change what is happening out there, or does it start by changing what happens right here in my life?

Yesterday, a day at school.  I see a trend in students to not take school very seriously,  we have way to many students that may not graduate because they don't really try or they have allowed situations in their lives that are destroying them, or they are in a home situation where the parent figures have not being a guiding example for them.  It is sad, we sometimes feel that we have been over blest with children with problems, we have less than 90 students, but oh so many with problems, that take our time daily to deal with.

We were home in the evening.  It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment