Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

Foster a Forgiving Spirit

Bear with each other and forgive whatever
grievances you may have against one another.
Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Colossians 3:13

When God forgives us, we, too, must forgive
And resolve to do better each day that we live
By constantly trying to
       be like Him more nearly,
and trust in His wisdom
       and love Him more dearly.

Is there something in our lives that we hold against someone?  Feelings that make us feel uncomfortable when we are in their presence?  I reflect on some situations in my life, and how thankful I am that God has extended his forgiveness to me and allowed me to experience his presence that has taken away what could have turned into bitterness.  I can take no credit for it myself, it isn't me it is God.  Is there something that you are feeling towards someone?  Is it affecting how you feel about them?  Does God want you to feel this way?  Do you want these feelings to control you?  Because if they do they will affect how you feel towards your spouse, and your family and those you work with.

Father, help us to search our hearts and show us anything that is standing in the way of our relationship with you or those around us.  Father, when we have identified the problem, give us grace to come to you and ask for forgiveness, than Father, help us to allow your forgiveness to wash away the hurt.  We thank you for the freedom you give us in your forgiveness.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday, we had Sunday School and church, Michael had a good message about listening to God's voice.  Dad and I ate at Cenex and sat with Kenny and Doris Pollestad.  We came home and slept, I went in to see Delorus Melland, I am working on a project as a result of a phone call last week to research traditional artists.


No comments:

Post a Comment