Friday, January 22, 2010

January 22, 2010

Losses Into Gain
I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh pon me:
thou are my help and my deliverer.
Psalm 40:17 KJV

When one sheds a teardrop
       or suffers loss in vain,
God is always there to turn
       our losses into gain...
And every burden born today
       and every present sorrow
Are but God's happy harbingers
       of a joyous, bright tomorrow.


This morning I read the following verses:

Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
              ask/receive
              seek/find
              knock/door opens

What in your life is a hurt, a concern, a desire?  Again we can come to Jesus and ask him, he is calling us to seek him and then to knock.  You might say but I have been.  God is still calling us to come to him.  I encourage you to write down your thoughts and concerns and to see  what and how God is and will answer you.

I was also reading the passage in 1 Thessalonians 2:9-13  It speaks of encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.  That is what I feel for each of you, my desire is to speak life into your lives, to let you know that I care, but that my caring is nothing compared to what God thinks and  cares about each of you.  He truly has your best interest in mind.

Father, I pray for each one in our family, that you would minister to them today to the need that they have in their life,  Father, that you will speak encouragement into their lives, comfort and that you will draw them to you.  In Jesus Name. Amen

Yesterday, dad and I went to Devils Lake after school.  We weren't there very long and came right home.

No comments:

Post a Comment