Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31, 2009

The Last Great Outpouring
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord.
Revelation 1:8
I have truly great things in store for you. I will send a mighty downpour. In the day of the great deluge which is coming, many will come to know the reality of My power.
Surely I will pour out My Spirit, I will reaffirm the veracity of My Word and bring the message of the Gospel of Redemption to many who would otherwise never give heed. I am the alpha and the Omega. Stand firm in Me. Never waver.

God is doing just that, we wouldn't know it if we listen to the world news, but that isn't telling the God side of the story.  People are coming to Christ, including people in places where it is forbidden for them to hear the gospel.  Our roll: occupy til I come.  Keep doing what God has called you to do today.  He may change his plans, but he will tell you when he does, until then continue faithfully doing what he has called you to do this day.

Yesterday, we made the trip back to Rugby to retreve the check book that I had left there.  I am amazed at Gods goodness, first I didn't miss it , so I wasn't upset and second, they were honest and returned it including the debit card.  I asked who had given it but she didn't know so I can't personally thank them.  We spent some time shopping there, it is like a small town version of Walmart, but a lot nicer, Pamida and Alco stores are perfect for the smaller town, and they have everything.  Then we went uptown, we have been looking about getting a sofa and they have a St. Michael's furniture store, like Devils Lake.  Each time I learn new things that are helping us to make a decision.  She sent us with samples so we can put them against our carpet and get the best color choice.  We also found a chair that we like to accompany the sofa.  She asked if we were going to eat, and mentioned the Rocking Relic, just down the street.  It was such a fun place, they have turned an old hardware store into a cafe.  It still has the tin roof, and there are antiques for sale and tastfully arranged around you.  You are sitting at the chrome tables similar to what Grandma O'Brien had in her kitchen, they have an ice cream/soda counter and you can sit at stools up to a counter, there was a lot of Coke advertising and memorabilia, and the sandwiches were named after movie stars from the 50"s  Their menu was soup/or chips  and sandwiches, and ice cream treats.  Food was good and the atmosphere was great.  After that we looked in a couple of other stores and then headed for home.

4 comments: