Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 2, 2009

Put Off the Self Life
if you know these things, happy are ye if ye do them
John 13:17
Be aware of My presence. Your receptivity is dulled by undue involvement in unimportant pastimes. I need your full attention, yes, I need complete dedication.
I am calling all My chosen to put off the self life and to walk in the Spirit. This is not a new message. It was the message of the apostles (and ) Jesus. It was also the message of the Psalms and Proverbs, insofar as they emphasize uncompromising loyalty to the truth, and outward actions that are consistent with inward convictions.


So what stands between us and God?  What are we allowing to be more important than our relationship with God?  For each of us it may be something different, but I think it is safe to say that it is an issue for each of us.  It is a growing process to see how this happens in our lives, and a growing process to be willing to put Christ first in what we do.

Yesterday, winter truly arrived, it will be a White Christmas.  The snow was generous, I think we were prepared for it.  I came home after school and after a nap I cooked and sewed and I even got inspired and put up decorations and tree for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment