Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10, 2009

Disappointment
No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back,
is fit for the kingdom of God.
Luke 9:62
Out of every disappointment there is to be gleaned some treasure. The enemy would whisper "all is lost". I say to you, much can be gained.
Refuse the temptation to brood over what is gone. It has passed into the area of My sovereignty. The present challenge requires your undivided attention.
Give no time to dark thoughts. Depression undermines the vigor of the soul.

I remember after my Mom died, it was a difficult time, mostly because there was conflict with my sister.  It was difficult, but all I know is that God did a great work in my life, to help me not focus on what was and had been happening to me.  I just know it was "God" and I did experience deliverance, because had I dwelt on what had happened it would have destroyed me.  Is there something in our lives today that is keeping us from moving forward, maybe it is something that we are thinking about that doesn't want to let go, that keeps us bound.  That is not God, we can't do anything about those past mistakes, Ask God for forgiveness and move on.  If you can't seem to get the victory, get someone to pray with you about the problem.


Father, thankyou for this new day, this new opportunity to live our lives for you, help us to focus on this day, not on yesterday or tomorrow, because we can't change yesterday and we don't know about tomorrow.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Yesterday was the day for the elementary school program so after school I went to Cando and cleaned the church, also visited Doris and Kenny Pollestad in their "new home"  and then came back to the school.  Jack came for the program but I didn't see him til afterwards,  Julie was their with the children, also Alona's great grandmother, and social worker and Berta Soper who is with Path/adoption agency.  They did really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment