Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dece,ber 27, 2009

On Not Resisting Evil
Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek,
turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:39
My wisdom will come to you, My child, when you become quiet. anxiety places the soul in stress. The strivings of your own heart will be as out of harmony with My Spirit as the evil you wish to combat. This is why the Scripture says, "Resist not evil."
You cannot correct the crooked path of another, but you can let Me show you how to make a straight path of your own. Never fear the darkness....avoid it.

The strivings of your heart.  God is waiting for us to be quiet before him and to wait for him.  Not so easy is it?  I have been used to taking care of the problems around the house, not asking Dad because he 'grumbles' so now when I can't lift, it isn't easy for me, and it is hard for me to ask for help and of course we are having problems, the washer is leaking, in the past I would just move it and deal with it myself, now I can't.  then the issue with the faucet.  That is another story.  I don't like to ask for help from anyone who is going to complain so I try to take care of things myself.  How does this fit into your lives?  What things are you impatient about, what things do you strive for that maybe it isn't God's choice for you to strive?  I don't think I am alone in this.

Yesterday we were here and in the afternoon we were over at Jerry's and I played some games with the children.  Hope that you all had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment