Friday, December 25, 2009

December 25, 2009

The Cross in the Star
The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory,
the glory oas of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:14
The Cross, My child, is My symbol of Christmas. Wise men followed the star, but it was the Savior whom they sought.  Wrapped that holy night in swaddling clothes was My perfect gift to mankind. Cradled in the arms of Mary lay the only hope of human salvation. Shepherds were drawn to worship Him by the love that flowed through Him as He became the channel for redeeming grace.

I am thinking of the role that the cross as in the star.  I recently read about a child that had gone to see a nativity scene, and nearby there was a cross with Jesus on it, so when he drew, he drew that for his picture, and was reprimanded for doing so.  The human has lost touch with the reality of Christmas.   A little child shall lead them.....  Today the babe is so innocent of  the reality of what truly is taking place.

Father, help us to keep our eyes on you and our hearts open to what you are saying to us.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

I think you all know what we did yesterday, cookies with Linda in town, and supper with Jerry and his family here with us.  It is fun to see the children, Alona enjoyed a little doll set that she got, and the boys got a set of building blocks that were magnetic, they were having fun with that.  I have already read the book I was give, it was a really good Christmas story.  Trusting that you are all in where you are safe, I can hear the wind blowing so I know I won't be going very far today.  Merry Christmas to all of you.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment