Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 14, 2010

Never alone
He raises up the needy out of affliction.
Psalm 107:41RSV

We never meet our problems alone,
For God is our Father and we are His own.
There's no circumstance we cannot meet
If we lay our burden at Jesus 'feet.

Sometimes we just try so hard to do things our way, and it isn't what God wants to do in our lives.  What are you trying to do your way today?  Reflect on times when I would push so hard to get my way with God, it seems that I don't really feel that way at this time in life, I don't know why, maybe I just don't have the strength to struggle and push, but I thank God for his grace to help me see things differently.  This weekend I had felt like we should do a couple of things because I don't have school tomorrow, etc.  But soon I knew that wasn't God's plan and I am thankful for his grace to help me accept the change.  It is kind of a go with the flow attitude.  I know it isn't me, it is God.  Thank you God for doing that work in me.

Yesterday we were at home, I actually did do some bookwork, enough so I can start working on the taxes, then we went to town for lunch with the Sr's I took along a quilt I am making and we were able to stretch it over tables and get it pinned together.  This is going to be a unique quilt, Julie.  I am getting some inspiration, so it will be a surprise for all of us.  After lunch, I felt that I should go to the open house for Nicholas Ulrich at Henschels, he finally got his high school diploma.  Dad took me, that was special and we were able to visit with his grandpa and actually it was a pleasant time.  We were home in the evening and I am still sewing.  I finished sewing the edge on Janet's quilt so I can give it to her when I see her.  Last night Jack shot two skunks that were right out here by the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment