Friday, February 19, 2010

February 19, 2010

Blessings for Mourners
Blessed are they that mourn;for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4 KJV

Through long hours of tribulation
God gives us time for meditation,
And no sickness can be counted loss
That teaches us to bear our cross.

I am reading the book about the girl from Rwanda who hid in a tiny bath room with I think 6 ladies in all.  They hid there for 3 months.  She talks about her emotions and feelings that she experienced during that times, the thoughts that came to her that were so negative, and yet through it all God ministered to her.  I am not done with the book, I do know that she survived, but it is interesting to read what she tells about her emotions.

We might ask ourselves about our emotions, how do we handle difficult situations?  What makes it easier to handle the trials of life?  What do we see in people as they deal with trials in their lives? 

Yesterday the airplane episode in Texas, obviously this was a person that cracked mentally,
Problem is, he hurt a lot of other people including his own family.

I can best handle the challenges when I have prayed and read God's word, and it has ministered to me.

Yesterday I took Laura, the exchange student at Werners with me to school, she is a sweet girl, I can't always understand what she is saying, but I try.  The students are having spirit week, so they really aren't focused on studying more on fun, so I will be glad when the week is over.  i was prepared to serve at the Basketball game in Jerry's place, Julie said I didn't ahve to, but in the end I did help because a lot of the people work and don't get there when the games start.

No comments:

Post a Comment