Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5, 2010

Hope in God
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God! I will praise
him again--my Savior and my god!
Psalm 42:11

Meet Him in the morning
      and go with Him through the day
And thank Him for His guidance
     each evening when you pray--
And if you follow faithfully
      this daily way to pray,
You will never in your lifetime
      face another hopeless day.


I am reflecting this morning on God is Holy,  and his call for us to praise him what ever our situation.  Sometimes it is a sacrifice of praise, because we really don't feel like doing it, but hang in there and honor God and he will honor your faithfulness.  I am thankful that I know him and he walks with me, it isn't about anything that I do, it is all about him.  God is my Father and Jesus his son is my Savior and Lord,  He is all I need.  He is worthy of my praise, what can I find to praise him for this day?  I am reflective when I see what is happening about me, even here in our community and certainly in our nation, that God is the answer and he is drawing us to him.  He is desirous of us being people of faith, people who are listening to his voice and ready to do his desire.

Father we lift our hearts in praise to you this day, praising you first for the birth and death of your son, who has set us free from the power of sin, thankful that you are a loving caring Father one who desires to take us into your arms and let us know of your tender mercy towards us.  Open our eyes to see you in a new way this day. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment