Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21, 2010

Unshakable peace
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not
your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27 KJV

When everything is quiet
      and we're lost in meditation,
Our souls are then preparing
      for a deeper dedication
that will make it wholly possible
      to quietly endure
The violent world around us,
      for in God we are secure.

This poem expresses the key to what lies ahead for us, as individuals and as a country.  I can pray for our country, but to get upset about what is happening, what good will that do?  I can't really change the course of history.  But my relationship with God is the key.  When we meet for Bible study and the discussion gets around to end time events, I kind of shut my ears, because I don't believe anyone really knows how it will be or whether we will experience this or that, also the whole thing about what happens when we die and go to be with Jesus, How about not being so focused on that and raither being focused on being close to God and loving Jesus and reading God's word and praying.  That is what will keep us going as we face the days, weeks, months and years ahead.


Father, we commit this day into your hands, we pray for our family for your safety and protecting and that you will guide their steps, help them to be conscious of you. In Jesus Name. amen.


Yesterday we were at home, I did some cleaning and we ate lunch with the seniors.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment