Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2, 2010

New Life
For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us
an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison...
for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18RSV

Little brooks and singing streams,
     icebound beneath the snow,
Begin to babble merrily
     beneath the sun's warm glow,
and all around on every side
     new life and joy appear
To tell us nothing ever dies
     and we should have no fear.


As I wrote this, I thought of the preparation I had made last fall in the flower beds, it is just waiting there for spring to come and new life to sprout forth.  What is waiting to sprout forth in our lives? what is God preparing in our lives for us to do?  I believe that the things that are happening for us, and they are sometimes unpleasant at the time and we would rather not experience them, yet God has allowed such, so that he could prepare us to be used as his vessel.

Father, I put out my hands to you, take me, make me, melt me, mold me, into the vessel that you can use.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

Nothing so very exciting it was a regular school day, with a meeting on a student after school.  I have him in a study hall.  I gave Denise the quilt for her to "quilt" and I did sew in the evening for a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment