Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

No Place For Pride
pride goes before destruction,
and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18 RSV

Uncover before me my weakness and greed
And help me to search deep inside
So I may discover how easy it is
To be selfishly lost in my pride.

Today I have been thinking about the ways that I could see the positive in my life, I have been thinking about several people in our community who are going through some serious medical issues, and granted we all are experiencing problems of some kind, so I thought in my mind that I should chart out about my life the areas where I could see God's hand and help and where I could praise him for his goodnes,  Granted some of these are people who have maybe put together  a greater fortune, have a fancier house(and this is an area they actually do), travel a lot, etc.  But what is really important, I stand in awe of God's care in my life, and know that God has my best interest in mind. 

Deuteronomy 4:9 says Only be careful, watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live.  Teach them to your children and to their children after them. 

Also Deuteronomy 6;12 Be careful that you do not forget the Lord who brought you out of slavery.  Granted this verse is about Jewish slavery, but what slavery has God brought us out of?


Father, thank you for this day, thankyou that you care about every detail of our life, Father I pray that you would meet the needs that we have today.  In Jesus Name. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment